Monday, April 24, 2017

My OT Story: By Shanti Malladi

 A smiling person approached me at the OTAC Spring Symposium and asked me if I recognized her. The face looked familiar but after seeing her mother I remembered this former patient of mine. The mother thanked me for helping her child during her first few years of development. She thanked all the OTs who also helped in the process. The mother cried as she hugged me and said she will never forget all that OT did. I too had tears of joy. Because of her positive experiences, the child is now pursuing an OT degree! The mother has already invited me to the graduation in 2 years. This made me realize why I became an OT- to not only help people with various abilities but to be rewarded like this.  

By: Shanti Malladi  


No comments:

Post a Comment